Saturday 8 January 2011

A Few Things...

So recently I've tried a few new things

When my sister was here for Christmas she had a mascara that I really liked- Loreal Voluminous Mascara


This one retails at £9-£10 but I did find it quite hard to get... I'll get to that though.
So, I tried Katie's for a few days (thanks Katie!) and I loved it! Generally, I'm not a massive fan of 'volumising' mascara. I think I'd much rather have a mascara that does everything all in one as opposed to just giving volume. Boring. Voluminous though, does do pretty much everything you want it to. On application it didn't take long to get that full, dark, long lashed look that I personally always prefer. It didn't flake during the day, and it wasn't massively difficult to remove either. For the price, this is really good. 

Right, so when It came to buying this for myself it was a bit of a nightmare. Boots didn't have it, Superdrug didn't either. And I literally had no mascara with me. So in the end I opened a drawer underneath the other Loreal mascaras and found 2 Voluminous ones! These were in purple packaging so I'm not actually sure it was the same one, but I bought it in desperation. When I got this home, I opened it up and low and behold. The whole wand was dry. To the point where I thought i'd bought a comb mascara (hate those) until all the little bristles started unsticking. I have no idea how old that product was but there was no using it, so that went back. So, as of now I don't have this!! Annoying, but it'll be added to my make-up bag soon.

_________________________________


The Rodial! I'm still trying the Boob Job and Body Sculpture. So far I think I'm actually liking the Body Sculpture more. When applied this goes on like silk so you're not there forever massaging it in (because who has the time?) and also it feels like it's actually made a little bit of a difference. I've used it on the tops of my legs, stomach, obliques and the tops of my arms. Bear in mind I've used this in conjunction with running 3 times a week, but I do feel 'tighter' if that makes sense. My stomach has pretty much been constantly flat and that never, ever happens. I can only think it would have something to do with the Body Sculpture. Who knows with things like this but I think as long as you apply them as they say you'll probably see a difference in firmness at least.

_________________________________

I'm also trying Enormous Lash, Pro:Voke Touch Silver Shine Shampoo, Oribe Curl Definition Cream, Oribe Anti-Humidity spray and Natures Sunshine Rosemary and Horsetail tablets (great for problem skins). 


I'm off to Egypt on Wednesday so I'll do a big blog update when I'm back, including my review of some sun creams. I've just bought the Calypso once a day SFP 20, Instituit Esthederm After Sun and the Nars SPF lip balm. Look forward to a huge product haul! 




Lots of love!

2 comments:

  1. How about using some P20 sun cream on your hols and reviewing that for us please? I love it and it's the best i've found, but it would be good to get the experts opinion of it.

    I'll even give you a bottle of it to use so you don't have to waste your own money... i've got loads of half empty one's as i always seem to forget to take it with and end up buying another bottle when i am at the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Calypso once a day one is pretty similar to the P20... Hannah took that to the US and I used it a couple of times. I love the whole once a day thing and I never burn with them, but I don't seem to tan quite as fast either. Think they're better for the skin in the long run as you seem to tan deeper where as usually I'd get a fast tan that lasted about a week! I'll let you know how long this one lasts!

    ReplyDelete