Tuesday 28 December 2010

Slimming & Plumping!

I've just started a slimming treatment. Okay I'm a size 8, but everyone has their areas for improvement and I thought why not. With a holiday looming in January (what girl likes getting her body out while she's pale) I thought I'd see what slapping some creams on can actually do.

I really need to take all my measurements and I promise I will, but I'm only 2 days into it. Unless it's an absolute miracle, I'll upload my sizes soon!

_______________________________

So first up is the Rodial Body Sculpture at £95

This product is mostly targeted towards cellulite but also claims to reduce the hip and thigh area by 'up to' 1cm in a month. Sounds pretty impressive to me. I'll be honest, I'm not bothered by my hips and thighs too much, could do with smoothing over I guess so we'll see what it can do there. I'm mostly wanting to target my upper arms and love handles! Hopefully it'll do some toning if nothing else. With slimming/anti-cellulite potions and lotions I'd say I'm pretty dubious. I have the attitude that if you massage any cream into problems areas in upwards motions twice a day you'll see a difference. I might do a little test with a couple of months in between and see if I'm right there. 

Back to Rodial. The formula of this is lovely. It's a lilac gel, which sinks into the skin leaving a silky finish so you're not there forever massaging. Who has the time? Smell is great, as long as you don't mind a soft lavender scent! I like it. Size is good (but we'll see if it lasts the whole 4 weeks you're supposed to do it for) 200ml should be enough though. 

So the claims-

Breaks down fatty deposits and by doing so reduces cellulite 
Stimulates your lymphatic drainage
Firms, Tones, Tightens
Reduces hips/thighs by up to 1cm in a month

That's a lot to claim so I'll keep you updated with measurements etc. I do run 3 times a week and walk a couple of miles a day so I am pretty active, and all slimming treatments wether it be a herbal remedy or a cream like this, will seem to work more efficiently and noticeably with a little help from you. You can't expect it to do it all I guess. 

_______________________________


I've tried a bottle of this before but it was a pretty old tester. From that one they did feel fuller and firmer but they do tend to do that a couple of times a month anyway. Nothing was permanent. So I've now got a brand new bottle and started over. I could go into detail about my boobs but lets just leave it at that they're smallish, and fairly perky. As expected, being 19! I'm hoping to see notice the size change a little at least as this product does promise an increase of up to half a cup size. 

Basically this gel/cream hybrid formula works by taking the fat from your food an concentrating it on one area. It doesn't go into your boobs and magically insert silicone, but it does work on top of the skin and the fatty layer beneath. It's got a few pretty impressive ingredients derived from Asian plant roots and Myrrh Resin. These are the ones that work on the fatty layer under the skin and increase the fat storage there. 

Reviews are pretty good for this product. I had a lady in who had lost a few stone and used this all the time, she said it changed her boobs completely. They were huge! She said she didn't used to have any! I'm not sure it was entirely the Rodial which did this or if she was a bit of a fibber, but hey she bought more, and at £125 a bottle I guess she must think it did something. Online reviews are generally good too, most saying they did feel an increase in size and/or firmness. Again though, if you rubbed any cream in twice a day religiously would they feel firmer anyway?

We'll see. 


1 comment:

  1. Creams that shrink fat? Hmmm. The boob gel has me intrigued though. 'specially after all this breastfeeding business.

    ReplyDelete